Here at Innovation we specialise in drum and bass club events & festivals, but radio is just as important in spreading awareness of new music, especially to people who live off the beaten track. Our staff at Inno HQ spend a lot of time listening to a selection of radio shows & podcasts so we thought we’d get them to curate a list (in no particular order) of their favourite shows to share with you…
- DJ Hype on Kiss: Perhaps the longest running D&B radio show on any legal station in the World? DJ Hype mixes up the best dancefloor cuts, mixed with Hype’s unique humour, and regular guest mixes from the Playaz camp & beyond.
- Logan D on Facebook: This is the only show on this list that is not broadcast on a radio station, but as broadcasting online becomes the norm we’re sure more of these types of show will pop up in the future. For many Logan’s Facebook live streams are essential listening. Regular special guests pass through Logan D’s purpose built home studio, if you’ve not listened before then we highly recommend it.
- DJ Ollie on Rough Tempo: Ok, one of the staff members in our office may be a bit biased about this show!! But in his defense this is a genuinely good listen. DJ Ollie has a great upbeat presenting style, and he manages to cover all styles of drum and bass into his fortnightly 2 hour broadcasts.
- Uncle Dugs on Rinse: This show is now one of the most popular shows on Rinse & is essential listening for anyone who loves old skool jungle music. Uncle Dugs is passionate about what he does & you can hear that coming through in his shows.
- Andy C on Beats 1: The newest show on this list, but it’s longtime overdue that the Ram Records head honcho got his own radio slot. He’s promised the fortnightly broadcast will be an opportunity to explore the diversity, energy, history, heritage and future of D&B! The first few shows have been promising, we look forward to hearing more.
Is there a drum and bass radio show you listen to regularly that we didn’t include in our list? Let us know on Twitter @InnovationDnB.